img

News Topical, Digital Desk : The Middle East appears to be on the verge of war once again. The US could soon attack Iran. A major revelation has emerged regarding this potential attack. Two US officials have stated that the US military's plan against Iran has now reached an advanced stage. This plan includes the option of targeting individual Iranian leaders. Furthermore, if President Donald Trump orders it, a plan is even in place to change the government in Tehran.

America is ready for war

According to a Reuters report, these military options signal that the US is prepared for a serious conflict with Iran if diplomatic efforts fail. Last week, it was also revealed that the US military is preparing a weeks-long operation against Iran. This operation could include plans to attack Iranian security installations and nuclear infrastructure.

New revelations indicate that extensive and detailed preparations have been made before Trump's final decision. In recent days, Trump has publicly floated the idea of ​​a change of government in the Islamic Republic. However, officials declined to be named for security reasons and did not specify which leaders might be targeted. It is also unclear how the US would attempt regime change without sending in a large ground force.

If a change of government were to occur, it would be a departure from Trump's campaign promises. During his campaign, Trump stated that he would pursue a different path from the policies of previous governments. He specifically criticized the military actions taken to overthrow governments in Afghanistan and Iraq as failures.

A large number of weapons were deployed

Trump has currently deployed a significant amount of weapons and military power in the Middle East. Most of the combat capability resides in warships and fighter jets. A major bombing campaign could also involve bombers flying from US bases.

During his first term, Trump authorized an attack on Iran's top general, Qasem Soleimani, in 2020. Soleimani was the head of the Quds Force, the foreign intelligence and paramilitary wing of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). The Trump administration officially designated the IRGC as a foreign terrorist organization in 2019. This was the first time the US had granted such a designation to another country's military.

Mentioned the war with Israel

A US official cited Israeli action during last year's 12-day war with Iran, during which regional sources told Reuters at least 20 senior commanders, including Iran's Armed Forces Chief of Staff Major General Mohammad Bagheri, were killed. However, it is unclear how accurate the US intelligence is regarding Iranian leaders.

Amid all this, President Trump has expressed hope for diplomacy. On Thursday, he said that if no agreement is reached, very bad things could happen. Given the current situation in the Middle East, all eyes are now on Washington's next move.


Read More: Iran's top commanders are under threat! Targeted strikes are being prepared; a secret blueprint for a US attack has stirred the Middle East.

--Advertisement--