Police have arrested a vagabond youth in connection with the murder of a person who misbehaved with a guard in Delhi. Police said that the 32-year-old accused had been caught in the Maidan Garhi area of ​​South Delhi.

According to the police, the accused Ravindra, a resident of Etah, Uttar Pradesh, worked as a laborer in an event management company and had left the job some time ago. He left his job and started living in DDA Park, after which a security guard used to give him food.

The incident took place on March 9 when a man named Ajay allegedly misbehaved with the guard. Ravindra decided to take revenge by killing him. This matter came to light when the police received a complaint about Ajay (24) on March 9.

Police found Ajay's last location near DDA Park in Rajpur Khurd Extension. Later, upon checking the area, they found his body lying near the park, a senior police officer said. 

The officer said that in the CCTV footage of the area, Ajay was seen going to the park with another person, but he was not seen coming out. He said that in the footage of other CCTV cameras installed around the park, the suspect was found talking on a mobile phone.

The officer said that after checking Ajay's call log, it was found that the last incoming call on his phone was from his relative. The relative told the police that a stranger received the call and said his name was Aslam. He told him that Ajay had borrowed Rs 3,000 from him and had given him a phone in return.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) Ankit Chauhan said that the suspected killer was at Ramphal Chowk in Sector 7 of Dwarka where he was selling oranges and was wearing the shoes of the deceased. On questioning, Ravindra told the police that on March 9, a man who was in an inebriated state started abusing the security guard while he was serving him food. Chauhan said, he decided to teach him a lesson.

Ravindra first befriended Ajay, bought liquor with him, and took him to a secluded area. The DCP said, when the victim became intoxicated, he beat him up and strangulated him. The officer said he fled the spot with the mobile phone and shoes.